a little learning is a dangerous thing ...

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just Because It's Awesome

Last night's Guillemots gig was one of the best live performances I've seen so far. I know I tend to be over-effusive when describing shows (I must be easy to please when it comes to indie) but Fyfe Dangerfield (best rock name ever), the lead singer and mastermind behind the band, is actually a musical genius. He played multiple instruments while blowing away the crowd with his massive voice, and except for a a few rowdies near the front, earned the entire audience's undying love. I was impressed.

I then met up with Francesca and a few of her friends for her birthday at a club called Oceana to dance away on the light-up dance floor, disco-style. Good times were had.

And, just because I feel like it, here's that classic alternative Canadian anthem that we all know and love... makes me want to jump on a plane today instead!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo, where's our amazing video?!?! :P